Monday, June 20, 2011

Hold on, give me a minute

So, me and my girlfriend of the past eight or so years broke up a couple of months ago. It's a good thing, super mutual and incredibly loving, etc. but it still kind of fucked me up. Well, not only this - there were a few other things in conjunction with the breakup - but I went through the worst bouts of depression that I've ever had right afterward. The kind of depression that makes it hard to get out of bed and do anything at all. I would literally nap 3-4 times a day for hours at a time. Fucked up. Anyways, that's kind of what this comic is about.

One album that I absolutely fell in love with in this period was I Clung To you hoping We'd Both Drown by Flatsound. It just captures exactly what I was feeling at this time. You can listen to the album over here. It's super good!

Anyway. I'm thinking I might put down autobio for a bit. I've got a lot of ideas and stories written out... but frankly I just don't want to draw them. At least not right now. We'll see what happens. Until next week!

Jason <3

2 comments:

Sam Spina said...

oh wow man, sorry to hear that! i hope you feel better soon

Jason Bradshaw said...

Thanks Sam! I'm actually better now, this comic was written a little while ago... in the midst of all that junk. Just wanted to get it down on paper now that I'm able to :)