Monday, January 17, 2011

I am a WIZARD!


Here's a silly little comic that I made! Sort of. I still need to finish designing the actual book but from what I've got so far it's going to be pretty awesome. The actual mini comic version of this will be 4x4 inches, 16 pages (all of the little blocks represent pages - so really only 12 pages of comics) with a color card stock cover and hand done spot color on the interior.

It's kind of a lot of work to put into something that took me all of 5 minutes to write but what can I say? I LOVE making these things into actual physical mini comics. For me, they somehow don't feel quite as complete unless I have it in a printed format.

I should have the actual mini put together and for sale by the end of the week!

-----------------------------------------------

Also, speaking of Harry Potter, have you heard of this little band called Harry and the Potters? They're great! Basically the idea behind the band is the Harry quits the Quittage team and starts his own punk rock band. I think it's a pretty hilarious idea but I was surprised that they're actually really god damned good as well. They've got some really poppy fun songs (A favorite of mine is Save Ginny Weasley) to angry screamy punk (listen to the Scarred for life EP - pure gold) songs, and everything in between. Good stuff!

You can stream all of their music from their bandcamp page, and you should! Lord knows I've listened to a lot of it while working on this project!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the finished mini-comic. I like what you showed us so far.

Jason Bradshaw said...

Well, that's pretty much all the comics in it. It's more just packaging that into a book that I'm working on now!

It's a super small mini comic, but I just can't help myself!

John said...

I love Harry Potter.

John said...

P.S. Beautifully drawn

Jason Bradshaw said...

Thanks! I love Harry Potter too!

o f l o d a said...

I love the look of your mini and your scarf is awesome.

Jenn H said...

lmao
ps. I really like yer colour scheme. makes things look brighter and more happy

Jason Bradshaw said...

Heh, well what would a Harry Potter comic be without a Gryffindor color scheme?

And man, happy is key!

Ollie said...

wicked!!!!!

orange is the new "i love you" said...

dude, i love it that you're recommending Harry and the Potters! they're so good!

if you like them, i also recommend The Whomping Willows, The Remus Lupins and The Mudbloods.

also, this comic looks great! the sparse use of colours and whites is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I feel that I should tell you that this is made of everything that is awesome.

Jason Bradshaw said...

Pete - I'm kind of amazed at how big this wizard rock thing is. I've tried a couple of other wizard rock bands - My favorite aside from Harry and the Potters has got to be Draco and the Malfoys, that shit makes me laugh!

I'll give those bands a listen!

orange is the new "i love you" said...

i don't really know much by Draco and the Malfoys, but what i've heard i like. have you heard their song "I Don't Care"? i don't know if it's on any of their albums, but it's on the compolation Wizards and Muggles Rock for Social Justice, Volume 2. that's a fantastic song, for sure