Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Loverbutt

I feel like I've never really done my girlfriend much justice in my comics. I am terrible at drawing girls and I've always struggled cartooning them. Anyways, I kind of like this drawing.

After the fiasco with my last comic (I completely hate how it looks, especially Lisa) I have dedicated myself to putting more time and effort into my drawings. Over the last couple of weeks I have destroyed a lot of paper trying to come up with designs that have, you know, structure and form.

Also, I have been managing my days off better lately and have been getting a lot more work done as a result. I have a couple of longer comics in the works (nothing crazy, 6-8 pages...) and a really stupid, really short animated "film" on the way. I'm pretty stoked about all of it right now, I'll keep you posted.

Love! Jason <3

6 comments:

Sam Spina said...

Cool drawing! i sorta reminds me of the scott pilgrim books (do you read those? SO GOOD) because of the shoes and the background. I'm pumped about those comics and that film!

Matt said...

Man, you are too hard on yourself. I love your drawing style, even the ones you think are a "fiasco." You've got a very fluid, animated quality in your comics that I can't wait to see in your film. You're very talented, sir, give yourself a break.

Jason Bradshaw said...

Shit, Sam, I must be channeling the spirit of Brian Lee O'malley. you're totally right. And yes, i think those comics are lovely! My personal favorite of his is Lost at sea though.

Thanks Matt, I know i can be too hard on myself. I just know i can draw better comics than i am... so I should put more time into them!

That is all :)

Tooninator said...

I like it dude.

One suggestion if you're gonna be free in exploring designs with girls is to not draw girls you know. I know I've upset my gf more than a few times ;) This however, is great design. Keep that wranglin' those drawins

Tooninator said...

WOW...I can't believe I published that last comment. HAHA. Sorry if you thought I was on drugs. Guess I didn't proof read.

I meant to say, this is awesome, keep it up :)

Jason Bradshaw said...

Heh, no worries Toon... i know what you mean! I hate drawing girls i know... you're always so afraid of offending em'!

I'll keep wrangling away :)