Monday, October 25, 2010

Awful Pt. 2

Just one of those days. Feeling much better now.


In other news, I was pretty stoked to find that one of my all time favorite bands, Foot Ox, has put all of their albums online for free. They’re a little odd sounding because they use such a strange and varied assortment of instruments. Most people I make listen to this can’t stand the sound of the singers voice either… which is a shame because to me this is some of the most beautiful music I have ever come across. As well as having a great sound I really love the lyrics as well, as bizarre as they may be at times. I don’t really know how to describe it but the best genre I’ve seen them described as is “broken folk”. Whatever that means.


Anyway, I would highly recommend the album It’s like our little machine, particularly the songs I am, Tiny animals, Carabell and Lucky strike, though I thoroughly love the whole album. If you like that album I would recommend checking out the self titled album and the “ooo” album.


This music has such a special place in my heart <3

2 comments:

Matt said...

Yup, I'll definitely be downloading the whole discography. Thanks for the tip on some really great music.

Oh, and, as always, I LOVE your comics!

Jason Bradshaw said...

I hope you like it, it's really good stuff!

As always, thanks!