Monday, October 25, 2010

Dancin' with myself


There was this time when I was a really horrible artist doing really dumb and terrible drawings but I totally thought I was awesome (I’m still not sure much has changed, but for the sake of appearances let’s pretend they have). As awesome as I thought I was I didn’t think it was realistic to pursue anything of that nature until I met Jim.


He was the first person that I ever met that was actually making a living off of this whole art thing. I was pretty blown away because where I’m from I was always told not to waste my time on such things. And, I mean, I knew that people did this stuff but I never thought I would really get to know any let alone that I could actually aspire to be one of them. Eventually Lisa was able to convince me to move to Toronto and start school (where I would eventually become one of his students… which was a little weird but kind of cool, too!)


Anyway, point is, I’m not sure I would be doing what I’m doing right now if it wasn’t for meeting Jim at that time. So, his happiness means a lot to me, And well, he just got married (which is where all of this booty shaking happened!) the other night and I’ve never seen him happier! Congrats, you deserve it!


Jason <3


(oh yeah, and you should go check out his new Skullkickers book through Image! It’s doing super well and is a really fun read, especially if you were ever a Dungeons and Dragons nerd!)


4 comments:

Robin Cain said...

Me too. Love dancing, I mean.

Jason Bradshaw said...

It's seriously the best thing ever :)

Matt said...

I'm not a dancer (not in public, at least) but I'm a big believer in uninhibited car singing; I imagine they are similar blissful states.

Jason Bradshaw said...

It's all about the lack of inhibitions. It's so freeing.