Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Elf


So here’s my homage to James Kochalka. I was trying to make a modeling demo reel and I thought it would be fun to take a couple of typically flat designs and flesh them out into a 3-d world. Originally, I was going to pose and texture him out like a Pocoyo character because I love the designs in that show. That could have been fun, though, by the time I got to that point I was already pulling my hair out in frustration with the limitations and general ugliness of Maya so I scrapped it.


In any case, now that I’m at the end of my career as an animation student, I decided to share this with any other James Kochalka fans out there. You can check his work out at americanelf.com.


Back to drawing comics <3

1 comment:

Tooninator said...

nice model dude.