Tuesday, October 27, 2009

True life stories

For the past month and a half I've had this temp job delivering compost bins for the city of Ottawa. I had to get up really early every day which has really screwed up my sleeping schedule. I cant stay awake past 10:30pm.

The job itself is alright. Well, if you can stomach your co-workers comparing Somalians to Cockroaches(which I can't). The weird thing with these kinds of jobs is that you get some of the most undesirable people together and put them in a truck. Over the past six weeks I've heard some of the most horrific, bigoted things I have ever heard in a work place.

I feel very out of place.

Yesterday I almost sent a co-worker to the hospital by knocking over a stack of bins weighing 240lbs. It came about two inches from his face. Today I called in sick and I don't think I will be returning to the job.

Hard to believe, I know, but it's a true life story!

2 comments:

Edward Lillywhite said...

Sorry to hear that Jay. That must have been pretty traumatizing.

Now just see if you can get work doing something art related. Good luck.

sundersartwork said...

Least all your commitment will pay off in the end. Your ink work is really skilled, when your loaded and producing some animation on comedy central you will look back and think it was worth the effort.