Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am a WEIRDO!

Changing up the format a bit on the journal comics. This one was drawn at twice the size as my normal journal comics, with a pitt artist brush pen in less time (about 45 mins!) that it usually takes me to finish a strip. I'm pretty happy with this as a little experiment - I think I may do a few more!

Also, I've started a sketchbook that I intend to fill with tonnes of doodles and people sketches by the end of the month. I have this awful tendency to completely stop doodling or drawing from life when I'm in the middle of a few different projects... but man, whenever I cafe' sketch or just randomly doodle the craziest shit comes out that I never would have come up with had I been trying to "design" something. I'm sure most of it won't be worth sharing, but if I come up with something truly remarkable I'll be sure to post it here.

Man, I am SO STOKED on drawing right now.

Jason <3

3 comments:

orange is the new "i love you" said...

dude, i wonder the same thing about myself all the time.

also, i really like how this one looks- the strong lines and busy yet simple background work fantastically together.

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

I really REALLY like how this looks. Plus, less time = more comics! Eh? Eh?

Jason Bradshaw said...

Haha, I think I'm going to do a few more of these, just to play around and be productive. Don't think I will stick to it for too long though, to be honest!

Thanks for the kind words on the aesthetics, I'm having fun just being super loose with this brush marker thing!