Saturday, February 11, 2012

Still short on ideas

Drew this a little while ago but I just found it in my sketchbook. This comic is sort of emblematic of what I’ve been struggling with for a while in my comics. Trying really hard to keep things positive, but only ever being able to write about depressing things. Right now, I actually don’t have anything depressing to say. It’s new. It’s interesting.

I feel like the comics I’ve been writing and am currently working on are coming from a bit of a different place than they have for the past year or so. Curious to see how they come out. Curious to see what the next issue of Boredom Pays is going to turn into.

Love, as always <3

2 comments:

Matt said...

You're not the only one, man. I can't wait to see what you've got coming next.

Anonymous said...

It's not uncommon to run short on ideas while feeling happy. Contentment and relative happiness has always made me slow down or stop with drawing and even creative thinking. But usually research and repetitive actions like homework or reading are helpful :D